2017 is shaping up to be a busy year for your Association. We’re excited with the work you’re about to see on the Misner Dam. We’ll be seeking out community input into the revitalization of one of our community’s landmarks, Silver Lake.
We continue to encourage community involvement and anticipate your support of our activities. Please join us at the Theatre, Wednesday, November 23rd at 7pm.
Please be advised that our seventh Annual General Meeting will be held on Wednesday, Nov. 23rd, 2016 at 7:00 p.m. at the Port Dover Lighthouse Festival Theatre, Long Bar Lounge. Market Street Entrance. Cash bar opens at 6:30pm.
We hope to keep the necessary business portion of the gathering to a minimum so we can share the latest in what’s happening with our community waterfront issues: For example, are you wondering about
- What’s going on at our Harbour Marina?
- Who’s the new PDHM Boss?
- Who’s refurbishing the Dam? When’s it going to start? What’s it going to look like?
- Are we keeping anything of the Old Dam?
- So what then about Silver Lake? Are there plans to refurbish it? What about dredging?
- What’s it all going to cost and who pays???
- Hear our community success story about our Lighthouse! What happened, how, and who paid for it.
The meeting will include
- a financial report and our year-end review
- Motions that have been submitted for the AGM will addressed and voted on.
- Notice of Bylaw Change: Your Association Board of Directors is recommending changes to the Association Bylaws to increase Board membership from five Directors, to seven or more, as deemed necessary. As well, the clause limiting service of a Director to a maximum of five years is to be deleted. Full details will be provided at the AGM.The Association’s By-Laws state that Director elections occur annually and that a minimum of three Directors are required to retire each year, but may seek re-election. Should a person wish to put forward a name as candidate for Director, please notify the Association Secretary by Wednesday, November 16, 2016. Should a person be interested for future consideration as a Director, please contact any Director.
If you have any motions that you would like the membership to consider, please submit them to the Secretary, Paul Lipsit by November 16, 2016. The mover and seconder must be stipulated. If you are unable to attend the AGM, please contact the Secretary for a Proxy Form for completion and submission. Members may thereby appoint another member to vote on their behalf.
Attendees may renew or sign up for membership at the AGM. If this is not convenient, a cheque in the amount of $20.00/member, payable to the PDWPA, may be mailed to the Association Secretary.
Please note that the final membership renewal date for the upcoming year 2017 is April 30, 2017.
Paul Lipsit, PDWPA Secretary,
3 West Dale Ave. Port Dover, ON N0A 1N4